Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Arrival in Jordan

   After a very interesting and tiring last couple of days, I finally landed in at the Amman, Jordan International Airport.   I am now sitting on my bed at the Hotel I am being put up in for the night.
    My original plans were to depart from St. Louis at 12:30 on the 19th and arrive in Jordan at 6:20 on the 20th.  My CIEE orientation was supposed to start in the morning of the 21st.
   But nothing worked out as I planned.  My flight got cancelled at St. Louis and I was not able to make another flight to get me to an international airport that would take me to Jordan that night.  So I had to schedule my flight leaving St. Louis at 5:30PM on the 20th and would arrive in Jordan at 6:30 PM on the 21st.  So I ended up taking that option.  I left St. Louis and landed at Chicago O'Hare International Airport.  I then had a two hour layover and boarded the Royal Jordanian Airbus 340, which took me to Jordan.  It was an 11 hour flight from Chicago to Amman.  The flight was enjoyable, I got two meals, watched a couple movies, and got about an hour nap.
   I had an interesting time once I got out of the airport. I was met by a CIEE representative who drove me to the Landmark Hotel. It was with out a doubt the craziest car ride I have ever experienced.  The road laws are a little bit relaxed here in Amman.
    Once I arrived at the hotel, I checked in and went up to my room and took a much needed shower. I then changed into some nicer clothes and went down to be buffet restaurant and had my first tasted of Jordanian cuisine.  It was very good.  And now I am in my bed typing this and about to go to bed.

Flying over Athens, Greece

Flying into Tel-Aviv 

Over Tel-Aviv

the clothes I packed for the semester

Over Jordan
Scratch that. I was not able connect to the internet to post that So now I am at my host families house.  It is very nice. They have three bedrooms, a fully kitchen, a dining and sitting room, and a tv room.  My family is a Christian family. My host mom and her son Fadi live here.  They are nice and hospitable people.  Right when I arrived at the house my mom had food ready for me to eat and it was tasty.



1 comment:

  1. NICE BLOG!!! Studying abroad gives students a chance to spread their wings and experience life outside their country. In an increasing globalized world, having international experience on your resume is extremely important if you are looking to impress. Thanks...
    Study Abroad in UK
    Study MBA in UK

    ReplyDelete